RULES FOR CREATING CONTRIBUTIONS
- Write in standard written language, check your text when finished, although all the texts are subject of a subsequent language correction.
- If you are about to add a new topic, go through the titles of topics of the selected section to be sure that for the planned topic, no suitable thread already exists. Newcomers and standard users writing to the Scholarly section must consult their intention to set up a new topic with Plyšáček. It is important to choose the name of your topic accurately, to choose an appropriate icon and timing of publication.
- Always respect all future readers. If you cite another user, cite only a relevant part of the text that you react to. If you react to the previous contribution, citation can be useless.
- Unimportant and personal messages similar to SMS should be sent via private messages (SZ), not in the discussion thread for all users.
- Choose correct icon and title (subheading) for every contribution. If hesitating, look at previous contributions. If it is a reaction to the existing contribution, we usually keep "Re:" in the subject. In other threads (such as series of photographs) we delete this abbreviation.
- Highlight headings in important texts using BBcode h1 (main heading) or h2 (secondary heading) instead of increasing font size. Find them under Custom BBCodes buuton. This highlighting increases the position of the title in internet search engines. Insert other optional properties (such as colour) inside h BBcode.
- Photographs and images can be inserted using an img BBcode. They must be legal, elegant and sorted within the contribution from the narrowest to the widest (see similar contributions).
- When inserting an image, you have to provide direct link and source (see below). For artwork of famous persons, make a link to the original source, not to a secondary internet storage page. If not otherwise justified, use only two videos in a single contribution.
- After inserting the contribution, check that it looks the way you want, and whether it has not been sent by mistake more than once. If you need necessarily to perform changes in your contribution or delete it and your current settings and permissions will not allow it, contact the admins or moderators by a personal message.
- Admins and moderators reserve their right to correct and delete anything in order to increase the level of the contribution or keeping the forum unified. If you are not sure you obeyed all the rules, do not be afraid, moderators will fix it.
More guidelines how to insert photos and images
When inserting an image to your contribution, you have to provide “direct link” and “source”. The best way, also very well looking:
[url=A]Link[/url]; Source: [url=Bbbb]B[/url]
A - image address (you can get it after clicking by right mouse button and choosing "Copy image address" from menu)
Bbbb - Full address of the page with image
B - abbreviated page address
We recommend to copy this sequence of characters and only change the abbreviations for real data. Maximum image width is 700 px. If you need to upload an image (not property of important artist) or reduce its size, we recommend servers such as http://www.imgup.cz, http://www.postimg.org, http://pimpandhost.com.
Guide to the contribution formatting - BBCode
Icons for topics - description
Introduction to Forum